Hardwood flooring is the most popular in Westchester County, and it continues its growth.
Hardwood floors are loved by everyone. Hardwood floors are beautiful by nature and give homes a warm, inviting feeling. There are many styles and colors available in hardwood, from rustic to distressed to modern. They can be stained dark brown, lightened, or stained. Hardwood flooring is beautiful and can be made larger by having the same hardwood flooring throughout the house.
2. Hardwood floors are durable.
Hardwood floors are durable and can last for a lifetime. We have refinished hardwood floors as far back as the 1800’s, and even one from the 1,700s. These floors are timeless and will be around for many generations. Hardwood can last for over 100 years, unlike carpet that needs to be replaced every 5-7 years.
- You can refinish hardwood floors later to change their color.
3. Hardwood flooring can increase the value of your house.
Hardwood flooring can be a good investment. Hardwood laminate flooring Wirral is a good investment. It will help you later sell your house for a higher value, which will pay more than the initial investment. Hardwood flooring is considered a capital improvement by the government. You will pay fewer taxes for hardwood flooring than carpeting, and if you file capital improvement forms, the amount paid may reduce your taxes when you sell your house.
- Hardwood flooring is more expensive than carpeting over the long term. You will spend more upfront, but not have to replace the carpet as often. Many customers will pay annually for professional carpet cleaning. Carpet prices are rising due to their petroleum-based nature.
- The price gap between hardwood flooring and carpeting is closing. However, carpet prices (which are petroleum-based) have seen a dramatic rise in the past 4-5 years. Carpet prices are likely to rise by between 2 and 4 percent annually.
4. Hardwood flooring is easy to maintain and clean.
Carpet can be stained by spilled food and drinks. Dirt/mud from shoes/boots can also cause the carpet to become dirty. Hardwood is easier to maintain and clean. They require fewer chemicals, and they are easier to clean than tile or carpet.
5. Hardwood flooring is great if you have asthma or allergies.
If a customer has asthma, he or she should consider switching to hardwood flooring. Carpet tends to trap more dust and allergens. The American Lung Association states that wood floors can improve indoor air quality in bedrooms and other living areas.
Products that prolong the life of hardwood floors
- Bona wood floor cleaner
- Floor protection with felt pads
- Office chair mate
- Doggie Socks
The bottom line
Both laminate and hardwood flooring have their strengths and weaknesses. Although hardwood flooring is more expensive, they are cheaper to maintain and last longer than laminate. The pros and cons of laminate flooring include the fact that it is less likely to scratch or fade than hardwood. However, repairs might require re-laying the entire floor. Consider your lifestyle and weigh the pros and disadvantages of each option before deciding which one is right for you. Your decision may be affected by pets, children, or high-traffic areas.